This August, the #RevPit editors are teaming up with #MockPit to bring our authors more fun and more advice.
If you are readying your pitch to query agents or preparing for another pitch contest, this is the event for you! What better way to know if your pitch has what it takes to stand out in the crowded Twitterverse? As editors, we offer a professional perspective on what makes your pitch work and what seems to be missing.
Join us Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 at 2pm EST!
What is #MockPit?
Practice! MockPit is a practice round for Twitter pitch contests. We read your pitches and offer suggestions and advice to improve your pitch. If one of the editors favorite your pitch, it means they think it is great as is!
How to enter
- Follow @ReviseResub. the #MockPit creator @kyramnelson, as well as all the other #RevPit editors!
- Tweet your pitch using #RevPit and #MockPit. You do not need to @ anyone.
- Get feedback from some of the editors.
- Feel free to favorite or comment on other people’s pitches. This can be a great way to support others and make new friends! But always be respectful and constructive.
What are the rules?
- Only one pitch per manuscript. Limit three tweets per person.
- This event runs from 2:00 to 4:00 PM EST on Wednesday, August 29th. Editors will look at pitches during that time but may still critique pitches after that.
- You must use BOTH hashtags. Otherwise, we may not see your pitch.
- Be patient. There will probably be a lot of pitches and a lot of editor critiques. It takes time to read through them all and give helpful advice. We won’t all get to every pitch, but at least one editor will comment on your pitch.
- Be kind. This is a subjective business. All comments are meant to be constructive.
Learn more about #MockPit here.
Editors participating in this event:
- Carly Bornstein-Hayward
- Elizabeth Buege
- Editor Cassandra
- Jeni Chappelle
- Nicole Frail-Magda
- Victoria Griffin
- Kaitlyn Johnson
- Meg LaTorre
- Katie McCoach
- Kyra M. Nelson
- Lindsay Schlegel
- And some surprise editors!
To stay up-to-date on RevPit news and chats, be sure to follow us on Twitter: @ReviseResub
Have questions? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or ask us on Twitter